Well this will be short since I am rather jet lagged and must continue to move move move so I don't pass out.
The plane ride went very well and even as I was approaching Madrid it didn't really hit me that this country will be me surrogate home for the next four months until we hit the ground. While a little overwhelmed with the amount of walking in the airport with all my things, I began to worry that I landed in the wrong airport because every time I asked someone where the supposed Aquarium meeting spot was, they shrugged and pointed me in one direction, while the next person I asked pointed me in another. After literally an hour and a half of walking around the Madrid airport I found the so called Aquarium which actually turned out to be a small fish tank. After 5 hours of waiting in the airport and slowly meeting the students in my program our Director collected us, greeting each of us with a very European style cheek, other cheek kiss. I can tell she is going to be a wonderful guide for this trip and take great care of us all. Our Hostel is very quaint with a charming view of the Plaza de Angel below. As soon as we stepped off the bus to the short walk to our hostel we were greeted by the aromas of jamon and sweets in the shops of outdoor vendors.
Well off to explore the city a little with my roommates and get some real food and cafe! I'm excited about dinner tonight, can't wait to see what they have in store for our first dinner. We are here until Wednesday when we take the bus to Granada and meet our families. I am so excited to meet them!
Hasta Luego!
Oh, those photos remind me how I miss old-city life: walking! Enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteWOW!! Sounds good so far! Soak it up!!
ReplyDeleteyeah! Crazy snow storm here and miserable! I have thought of you & where you are every day since! Keep on enjoying Espana!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful place Ang, it looks and sounds wonderful! Can't wait to hear more about it.
ReplyDelete