Well here it goes...
I hope this blog serves not only for my own reflective and nostalgic purposes during and after this experience, but entertains those reading this Spanish adventure. I warn, I have never written a blog and am not the most expressive or journalistic person, but I hope you'll excuse the many errors and enjoy the pictures and comments on the life I am about to embark on in four days.
My goal is to write at least once a week, perhaps sacrificing a Siesta hour once a week to keep up with my posts (I know, I'm going to be spoiled the next 4 months!).
Let's see, I still cannot believe I am doing this, I feel that this is a tremendous opportunity for me to grow and learn not only the about the world but about myself and others in the world that I don't always think about. Nervous? Yes. Curious, excited, anxious, thrilled... only a few emotions I can actually put to pen to express, I'm sure many more will come to me during the next few weeks and days as I begin to make my transition and reality sinks in. I guess at the end of these four months I hope to be able to say my life was enriched by this experience and to perhaps have a better clue about what my life calling is (probably not that simple right?) My hope is that I can safely agree with others who have done this same program and say that it was the best time of my life so far, but not because of the "social" life I hear many Americans enjoy while abroad, but because of the learning, cultural enrichment and a life long bonding with friends across an ocean.
I leave on Friday February 1st around 1 pm and actually leave the U.S. at 7ish from Atlanta. Arriving in Madrid on February 2nd around 10am. We'll see how this goes!
Yeah!! So proud of you -- your desire to learn, your ability to "leave the nest", your willingness to share. Wishing you all the best in this adventure. Hope you blog every day - it's a great way to recount your experiences. Can't wait to read about what is going on in your new world. Wishing you safe travels, and all the best of the months to come!! Love ya!
ReplyDelete